May 14, 2012

KUMQUAT INTRODUCTION

Monday Afternoon


Things currently making me happy: The forecast this week. It looks beautiful!!! Summer's a'comin :)

Even with a pretty light breakfast I just haven't been all that hungry today. Probably ate enough yesterday for two days!! So to keep it simple at lunch I had a plate of assorted fresh veggies and a bowl of good ol' FAGE with jam and granola.

Three guesses which jam I had in it: Crofters, Crofters, OR...Crofters?

YES! You are correct! Crofter's Raspberry! I have gooot to get more Crofters...

Veggies: Cucumber, yellow pepper, red pepper, cherry tomatoes and carrots. Non-veggie items on the veg plate: a TBSP of dijon for dipping and 3 juicy little kumquats.
 So- kumquats. Maybe you have always known what a kumquat was but up until a few months ago I had no idea! One day Zach brought them home from the store and when I asked what they were he replied "I don't know but look! They are nature's sweet tarts!" And indeed that's what the label said. They looked like tiny oranges and I was a bit wary of them because while I love the taste of an orange I don't like to chew it because it is too pithy for me. I needn't have worried- they really ARE nature's sweet tart! You eat the whole thing, rind and all except for the tiny seeds inside. The peel is actually the best part! It's sweet and the inside is tangy and the combination makes for one adorable, unique little fruit. Go get some. Do it!
 Check out that luscious fruit spread...

Afternoon workout: First off I did the Tone It Up Beach Bum Workout and followed it by doing two rounds of the Best Arm Workout. Man I tell you what my booty is FEELING the beach bum workout, whew! Finished it all off with push-ups.

So another thing currently making me happy/stressed/AHHH!!/excited is that our countdown has reached the 30's!!

39 days until Hawaii! I can't believe how fast time is going. I feel pretty prepared, but I still need to do some more planning for what we want to do on Maui AND I still need to line up rental cars for both islands. (I will feel so much better when that's done!)

For now, another Hawaii honeymoon photo to tide you over until I have some fresh ones in 39 days!
June 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment