May 25, 2012

TENNESSEE BOUND

Friday Evening


As you read this we are in the car making the 6 1/2 hour trek down to Knoxville! Should get in sometime around...midnight?

Zach and I wanted healthy, easy to eat car food. So of course we packed up a dinner to take (no drive-thru's for these folks!!)

What I will be feasting on:
I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted a PB&J or a cheese and jam sandwich (a combo I have never actually had, but always want to try!)...so I had both!
I took an Ezekiel bun and slathered one half with Crofters North American super fruit spread and TJ's valencia PB. The other half's spread was a wedge of light Laughing Cow swiss cheese combined with Crofter's raspberry. Made an awesome duo that I am SURE is tasting delicious right now ;)



Paired that up with another teeny apple and that's supper!

Not sure what my blogging capabilities will be like this weekend depending on internet access and time. Each meal WILL get blogged, just now sure exactly when? It may be a post a day type thing? We will just have to see!

Hope you all are looking forward to whatever plans you've made for the long weekend, see you in TN!!

{Edited to add}

Riding in the car can be a bad thing because after quite a bit of staring at the road you inevitably get bored (even with great conversation flowing about every topic from soccer to Hawaii to God to beer... ;) ) and boredom leads to hunger. 
The solution? Pack healthy, organic snacks!!
I had 6 of these sweet potato chips from Trader Joe’s (one of Zach’s favorite snacks and it was my first time to try it!) They were actually very good and I have to say I was impressed with their profile.
Then a little later on I worked my way through two small handfuls of the best trail mix ever :) Could have eaten a loooot more out of boredom, but I refrained and chewed some gum instead! No sense eating when you aren’t truly hungry!!
Had the most beautiful sunset on the ride as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment