May 29, 2012

JORDAN'S JAMBALAYA

Tuesday Evening


Workout: Hello Muncie YMCA, I'm back! Did 30 minutes on the elliptical for 273 cal. burned. Followed that by an arm machine and a leg machine. Then got out of there to go make dinner!

For a while now I have had two Applegate fire roasted red pepper chicken and turkey sausages that need using. I took a good look in my veggie basket, my pantry and my refrigerator and thought "I could make jambalaya I bet!" So I did. :)

Remember several days back when I cooked up brown rice that I didn't end up using? I tried to find which post that was but had no luck. Well anyways that had been sitting in the fridge begging to be utilized so I heated it back up for tonight's dinner!

During nap-time I had chopped half an onion, some celery, and green pepper so it was all ready to go tonight!

In a large saucepan I sautéed the sausage, onion, celery, green pepper and some minced garlic in a teeny bit of real butter.
 Then stirred in a can of Muir Glen fire roasted crushed tomatoes and some garlic powder, white pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper and a little hot sauce. No exact proportions really, just a bit of this and that to taste! :) Brought it all to a boil then simmered for about 7 minutes.
Stirred in the rice and bam! Jambalaya Jordan style ;)
You really could mess around with this recipe and make it with whatever you have on hand. I would have used a can of tomato paste if I had had one!

Cooked kale chips in the oven just spritzed with EVOO and some sea salt for a side dish and kept a close watch on them so as NOT to burn them to a crisp this time!!
Served with a side of organic ketchup. I had half of these!!




I had a ladle sized scoop of jambalaya and then a few bites more for seconds.

This jambalaya was really great! Sweet and spicy all at the same time :) I will definitely have to make this again! And add shrimp! Ooh and mushrooms! The possibilities are endless!

Off to relax with that guy who makes me smile :D

{Edited to add}
Zach and I went for a lovely 20 minute dusky stroll around our neighborhood


1 comment:

  1. Found you on blogtrain and I must say, I have sooooooo enjoyed looking at your delicious snacks and recipes. I have been trying to eat healthier and still enjoy my foods. I think I will be by this site often!!

    ReplyDelete