May 30, 2012

KALE + COLOR

Wednesday Afternoon


Loving that it's already half way through the work week! If only it were always on four days off for three...

I wanted to eat some color for lunch today!
Sautéed up some red and green peppers (second time in two days I have wished I had mushrooms on hand!) then coated them in egg whites to make a scramble. Added in black pepper, oregano, thyme and cherry tomatoes at the end.
Also sautéing was more kale! (I had a lot to use up) Cooked this until wilted in a couple of TBS of chicken broth and then tossed with sea salt and drizzle with a teensy bit of real maple syrup :) Yes, real. Remember what I said about using real condiments instead of fake?
Satisfying! Though I must say the end of each bite of kale was a little too bitter. Could have used a bit more broth maybe.

My "trainers" Karena and Katrina of Tone It Up have a whole line of "bikini ready workouts." I figure that maybe I should get cranking on these since I am only going to be living in a bikini for two weeks in 23 days!!!!

Today I combined the Itty Bitty Bikini Workout with the Bikini Strap Workout. Did each one through two times. Also been doing random exercises such as some push-ups here, jumping jacks there, crunches and whatever I fit in. I do this pretty frequently.

Starting to actually sort through my clothes and set stuff aside for vacation- AAAHH!

1 comment:

  1. That dish is so pretty on a lovely plate.
    Yummmm yumm.

    ReplyDelete