May 24, 2012

VEGGIE AND MEATBALLS

Thursday Afternoon


Pasta does NOT have to be the only vehicle for pasta sauce. (Blasphemous for a pasta love such as myself, I know.) Veggies make a great base as well!! But I have a confession to make- I like cold spaghetti sometimes!! There was literally two bites leftover in the fridge and I finished them off while my veggies were cooking. Guess I had to have a bit of pasta after all...
I heated up good amount of frozen broccoli plus frozen stir fry mix in my Pampered Chef steamer- couldn't live without this thing! Okay, I suppose I could live, but what kind of life would it be?! Then topped it with leftover sauce and (2) chicken meatballs from Monday.

 Delish!! Such a simple thing to taste so good :)

Experiment

What do you do with a way-too-ripe banana?
I went to Chocolate Covered Katie's blog to find out. Debated making a single-serving banana cupcake/muffin thing (which I may still do tomorrow) but then settled on the Coconut Banana Butter! One of the biggest reasons was that it would utilize half of my ripe banana, but the fact that it was a new nut butter to try didn't hurt either!

Threw the 1/2 banana, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut butter into the blender and blended briefly.
Ended up with this deliciousness! (Had a 1/2 tsp. to test of course)
I did add a bit of agave in at the end to make it a tad sweeter. It was really good! Not my new favorite butter, but definitely one worth having on hand occasionally.

I can already see it's future in oatmeal, on toast, oooh how about coconut banana butter ON a banana?! (Is that weird? Guess I have already proven my banana obsession with yesterday's Banana Everything post...)

Workout

Wanted something decently hard core for this afternoon's sweat session, so I opted for ZWOW 9!!
This one is only 10 minutes but it is go-go-GO!!! One of the toughest/best yet! Here's the rundown:
For 10 minutes:
10 Santana push-ups (ai-yi-yi!!!)
10 Pike plyo tucks
30 Crab toe touches
20 Low Jacks
-repeat as many times through as you can in the 10 minutes!!! I am SWEAAAATY!

Needed a little something to curb that empty feeling after the workout so I had the last little piece of toffee from the Farmer's Market!
That piece about the size of two fingers? Did not do the trick! I am munchy today!! (100% hormones to blame, just throwing that out there cause like it or not ladies it affects your eating habits!!)
Sooo add in a TBS of white chocolate wonderful with some choco chips.
Now THAT'S more like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment