May 24, 2012

DESSERT DINNER

Thursday Evening


The combination of such beautiful weather and not having seen my mom all week (and won't see her all weekend!) led to me nixing the gym in favor of outdoor exercise- 40 minutes of walking/running with my momma!

Truth time:
Some nights I don't feel like cooking.
Some nights I don't feel like eating super healthy.
Some nights it's TOO HOT for real food.
Some nights I don't want dinner, I just want dessert.

Now if you follow my blog, you know that this is not often. But occasionally, that's just how I feel. What can I say? I'm human and that's just me!!

So tonight (and I don't advise doing this often!!! Maybe none of you ever do...maybe it's just me!!!) I had dessert for dinner. And it rocked. :D

We have this local frozen yogurt place called Berry Winkle and it's disastrous wonderful. There is a reason this is the first time it is appearing on the blog (and why it won't reappear for a good while most likely!). It is a SELF-SERVE fro yo place with so many flavors to choose from and worse, so many TOPPINGS to choose from.
You have seen my oatmeals and yogurts- I love toppings.
You have seen my bananas with multiple nut butters- I love options.
This place could do some serious damage to my waist if it were incorporated more often!

My go-to place for fro-yo (Incredible Yogurt) while not self-serve, does have a plethora of toppings. But I am great at just going through the drive-thru and ignoring all the options and choosing what's best.
Berry Winkle? No drive thru... My self control can only extend so far. Now if you set me loose on a bar of sweet, tasty add-ons and you might as well hide the scale the next day.

Enter my monster creation (in all fairness I only filled my container 3/4 full... :) )
A tiny swirl of salty caramel pretzel fro yo + a tiny swirl of cookies and cream + a larger swirl of plain vanilla.

Topped with: oreos, m&m's, brownie pieces, cookie dough pieces, yogurt raisins, white choc. pieces, butterscotch chips, twix piece, andes mint, reese cups, pb topping and hot fudge. Obviously very small portions of each thing (such as 2 raisins, a thumbnail amount of butterscotch chips etc.) or it never would have fit in the cup!!

{Edited to add}
Hard lesson learned tonight- dessert does not a dinner make.
When Zach came home with a 10" pizza from our local pizza geniuses Pizza King with an order of breadsticks and cheese do you think I ate any? Yep. While I didn't think I could have fit another bite of something sweet and sugary in my mouth, apparently I had plenty of room for salty and savory and cheesy...

It's because regardless of the amount of calories my body took in from that sundae, it didn't feel satisfied because there was no nutritional value. Also the big spike in blood sugar just makes you crave more food instead of less. That's why it is NOT SMART to eat that way!!!

So I ate two and a half breadsticks with cheese:
And half of our ten inch pizza (it was half Royal Feast and half Baked Ham and Barbecue- the two best pizza styles at Pizza King, so I have some pieces from both sides)
While it tasted great it should definitely be something had in much greater moderation and not combined on a night that you eat a monster sundae!!!

Today's lesson: Don't eat this way. :) Always a work in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment