May 8, 2012

THREE LAYERS OF LOVELINESS

Tuesday Evening: 5/8/12


After all the running around I had to do this afternoon I ended my half-day in the most relaxing way possible. Paid a visit to Tonne. All by my lonesome. Tonne Winery (our only-sadly-local winery) is a lovely place with a great vibe that I love to visit with my friends, family and of course husband. But every once in a while, a girl just needs to be on her own!

So...me and a book ventured over to Tonne, got a glass of Chambourcin *my favorite of theirs!* and sat outside on the patio whiling away a lovely hour of reading.

When I got home I fixed myself the LAST piece of Zucchini Lasagna and ate it with a side of salt and vinegar Pop Chips and Gossip Girl.

We like Pop Chips for satisfying that salty, crunchy craving without the calories and unnatural ingredients. In fact 23 of these chips is only 120 cal and I didn't even have a full serving! That was it though for supper because....

Zach and I had a little date planned for when he got home from soccer practice!! (He is coaching an off-season girl's team, but is a high school soccer coach during the fall) We had some great news delivered to us last Friday and haven't really had a chance to celebrate just the two of us since the moment we found out.

Tonight we changed that by heading to one of the ONLY reputable (non-chain) places in our town- Vera Mae's Bistro. Vera's has great food and an elegant atmosphere- perfect for celebrating!

We got a bottle of Riesling (of which we each had 1.5 glasses and bagged the rest)!
We weren't doing dinner really just appetizers and dessert. We ordered Crispy Chorizo Purses to start: Delicate crunchy pockets filled with a spicy chorizo sausage and cream cheese, drizzled with a sweet soy glaze.
These were very tasty, though I could feel my sodium levels going through the roof as I ate... and I had three of them!

For dessert I had a tiered chocolate mousse cake that was a little piece of heaven. It was topped with a chocolate fudge and adorable chocolate decorations and had a bit of a cakey bottom.
Really. Really?! Food Art!!!

Zach ordered the Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce.
Ohhh my this was also so good. We each ate half of our desserts and switched. What fun is ordering separate foods if you don't share?!

I definitely spooned out any remnant of sauce from the bread pudding I possibly could.

The food was so good, so beautiful and soo filling! I am totally wined and desserted out!! No more drinks or evening snacks til after my race on Saturday.

Did I tell you I was running another race? Well I am! Leah and I are doing a 5K that is here in Muncie this Saturday. This time I am just hoping to beat the 30:19 from last Saturday.

Now Zach and I are watching Julie & Julia. It's shocking with how much I adore food that I have never watched this movie, but is it not perfection for me? About incredible food along with food blogging, I have to go enjoy this masterpiece of a movie. (By the way Meryl Streep is so fabulous in this. Always really, but especially in this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment