May 2, 2012

PEACE AND PERFECTION

Wednesday Evening: 5/2/12


Gym time: 30 sweaty, fast minutes on the elliptical (274 cal burned). Remember the Titans was on, talk about motivating!!

Weight: 119.4!! Finally! I had begun to despair of ever being back in the teens.

I was husbandless for dinner this evening so instead of fixing up what I had planned I figured it was the perfect time to make another dent into our leftovers and veggies that needed fixing.

Chopped up some broccoli and cauliflower and threw it all into my handy Pampered Chef plastic steamer with just a bit of water. That thing is so convenient!
I left the veggies a little too crunchy for my liking, but I was so hungry it didn't matter! I sprinkled them with a bit of Mrs. Dash Table Seasoning (love Mrs. Dash for being all the flavor with no salt). Also cooked up two small pieces of the leftover Meatless Zucchini Lasagna (and there's STILL a ton left!)
(Note- we almost ALWAYS eat on salad plates. In fact the only time so far I have used a regular dinner plate on here was on Monday nights post with leftovers. It is just so much better for portion control. Just wanted to give you an idea of the size of these portions, they aren't as large as they often appear!)

Ate this all out on our back patio with the lap-top for some company :)
I am now blogging from outside where it is my FAVORITE kind of weather! It is sunny and warm, but not hot, with a light breeze- ahhhh. The birds are chirping and I hear mowers and smell grills and I am unreasonably happy about it all :) (Doesn't take much to make me giddy though, I'm easily excitable!) These are the kind of moments that you just would like to freeze for a while or save them to return back to when you need an escape. Gonna go continue to soak up the peace.

Dessert Experiment

While still waiting for Zach to get home I was having suuuch an urge to make something desserty/healthy. I have recently started getting into the blog Chocolate Covered Katie. This is a dessert blog written by a vegan and I can hardly look at the pictures without salivating.

Tonight I decided to tackle one of her post popular recipes: Cookie Dough Dip.

Ingredients into the blender (she says strictly food processor but I do not own one and I really do believe that my blender on puree worked just fine!)
-chickpeas
-salt
-baking soda
-vanilla
-nut butter (I used my new favorite White Chocolate Wonderful)
-almond milk
-brown sugar
-oats















Then I mixed in chocolate chips after all the blending was done.
I, of course, had a small spoonful to test it!














(Two photos for one spoonful!)

This tasted amazing!! Just like cookie dough! Honestly if I didn't make it myself I would N E V E R believe it had chickpeas in it! (Of course that is kind of the point)

I served up two heaping tablespoons of the Cookie Dough Dip with an enormous banana and one organic graham cracker.
I only ate half of this banana, it was just so big and I got full!
Mmmm :) Just waiting now for my love to get home so he can enjoy some of this as well!

See you in the AM!

1 comment:

  1. This stuff is to live for.
    I keep thinking about it since I sampled it.
    You need to package this stuff.

    ReplyDelete