May 20, 2012

OUTDOOR DAY



Sunday Evening


Know how to turn a walk into more intense exercise? Carry a heavy bag of Whole Foods groceries!! :) Zach and I walked over to his parents this afternoon to deliver some food I had picked up for Vicki yesterday. He offered probably four times to carry the bag because I was struggling but I stubbornly insisted that it was amping up my walk and valiantly made it to the front door!

After we walked home it was on to our next outdoor activity-joining a new motorcycle riding club!!!
JUST KIDDING!!! Hahaha did I fool you?? No, actually next was tennis! But first I had a bit of...nourishment...a small piece of toffee from yesterday's farmers market.
 It seemed as we were about to leave that Dixie was watching TV...



 Tennis time
 If only my stance were always so athletic looking...
 Unfortunately I didn't win a single game (match? set? I always get confused..)
 But it was loads of fun and Zach is very encouraging :) We played about 25 minutes and then were on to the next activity- biking!!

We biked 3.5 miles to Tonne (sounds like sunny) Winery. Zach and I shared about a 2 oz. sample of a wine slushy then...
Got a bottle of semi-dry traminette to quench our thirst :)
 Mom and Dad met us there (by car) and we brought some cheese, crackers and egg salad.


 We had Laughing Cow cheese wedges, Chimay cheese and our Capriole Farms goat cheese. Served with four types of crackers and Mom made egg salad for dipping. I had about 1.5 ounces of cheese total plus 4 TBLS of egg salad with a good deal of crackers!!

Had 2 1/2 glasses of the traminette. White is so refreshing on a hot, sunny day!!

 Taught Mom and Dad how to play Liar :)
 What to do when all you have are 6's and 10's?? Lie.
 But when you have over half the deck in your hand you don't have to lie because you have some of every card, right Dad?? ;)
 Mom and Dad graciously gave both Zach and I one glass of their Royerton Red (a concord grape red).
 The 3.5 mile bike ride home


 Here's what happens when you get too close to your camera-man and knock him over...
 We made it!!

 My faithful photographer :)

 Alllll we wanted at home was WATER!!!

Remember that brown rice from earlier? Was supposed to be for dinner tonight but we are so full of crackers and egg salad that dinner was just NOT happening tonight. Besides, it's too hot to cook anything on the stove or grill! Planning on getting frozen yogurt in a bit and that will round out dinner...
For now, watching Immortals!!!

{Edited to add}
Told you I would get frozen yogurt!! I really wanted to get a big 'ol sundae smothered in toppings and sauces, but I resisted. Got the kid's sugar free, fat free 3 oz. size instead :) (The pb cups were my compromise!)
Sorry about the blurry picture, didn't realize it at the time and it's the only one I took! The SF, FF flavor of the day was german chocolate cake. Eh. A bit too coconutty. But the pb cups were spot on ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment