May 28, 2012

FAMILY COOKOUT

Sunday Evening
Tonight was family night!! Heather and John actually had to attend a wedding and were gone for a couple of hours but more of my Tennessee family came over to entertain us!


Backing up- when we got back home this afternoon we played more rounds of Bananagrams. Our new favorite game :) This glass of malbec accompanied my game playing and throughout the course of the night I had about 5 pours this size (this was a smaller glass so 2 1/2 glasses total). 

Not all malbec though- had a 1/2 glass of blueberry, 1/2 of cab sav, 1/2 of shiraz, and then another 1/2 of malbec.


When John and Heather had to leave my Aunt Teresa, cousin Sean, his wife Michelle and their girls Aurora and Anastasia all showed up for a cookout! I hadn’t seen Sean and Michelle in almost 5 years and had actually never met my little cousin Anastasia!!! It was so great to get to visit with them all while we were here! There was QUITE the spread for the cookout:

Aunt Teresa’s broccoli salad: had two servings of this

Grilled chicken: had a small (1/4?) pc. of this
Grilled up some of our bread from yesterday’s picnic: had a half slice of the baguette and a thin piece of the flatbread (they are under the baguette pieces)
Lots and lots of grilled veggies: of which I had lots and lots :)
Grilled peaches: had one of these (SO GOOD! Must do this more often!!!)
Hot dogs: I ate one plain without a bun
Red potato wedges: had several of these
Raspberries with little choc. chips in them: had two of these
Brownies: had a tiny square of this
Aaaand Michelle’s cookie dough dip: of which I consumed several TBS on cinnamon grahams and apples!!
Think I had enough to eat tonight?? Haha I was stuuuuuffed (like too uncomfortably full) at the end of the night! Really I should have eaten a little bit less but when your family fixes lots of yummy things it’s hard to say no! At least this is a once-every-great-while event!

Ended the night with...more Bananagrams!! And some Robin Hood Men in Tights :)

No comments:

Post a Comment