May 12, 2012

RESTAURANT ON THE FLY

Saturday Afternoon


I had a feeling this would happen! It's almost 10 at night and I am just now blogging lunch + supper. Guess that's what happens when you spend the entire day in a city that's an hour away from your laptop!

Leah and I headed to Broad Ripple (an area in Indianpolis) looking forward to a good lunch at Petite Chou....which was closed indefinitely due to storm damage?! Whoops. So we walked around trying to choose a place out of Broad Ripple's MANY amazing offerings and settled on a new restaurant called 10 01 Food and Drink.

We got to sit outside on an upper-level patio and it was such an amazing day for it. I love eating outside at any given chance! We started out with a bottle of champagne in honor of being post-race (you know what I always say about champagne, it's for celebrating!) They brought out this pretty awesome chiller for it-
I had two glasses this size throughout the course of our meal.
We didn't finish the bottle though and had it bagged. I was getting pretty hungry at this point (my race was catching up with me) and luckily they brought out this beautiful plate!
I had a mixed greens salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, parm cheese and balsamic dressing
Along with a portobello mushroom sandwich with spinach leaves, tomato, cheese and a spicy hummus on the side served on an incredibly delicious, chewy pretzel bread.
Of course, in true Jordan fashion I left off the top larger piece of pretzel bread and ate this open-faced. Still just as delicious (and not quite as heavy/calorie laden)! I ate about 3/4 of the salad.
Leah and her lunch :)
Lunch was fun and atmospheric and relaxing and enjoyable and any other pleasant adjectives you can conjure! It was also great fuel for the shopping that was to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment