May 3, 2012

PB & J

Thursday Morning: 5/3/12


Some days you have to physically remind yourself to chew slower and pause between bites and not swallow your grapes whole. Today was one of those days. My breakfast was just so good!

I toasted up a slice of Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain buns (third morning in a row to have a slice of Ezekiel and I've had a different type each day!) and sliced it in half. Topped one half with my new favorite Crofters raspberry and the other half with one of my all-time favorite nut butters- good old-fashioned peanut butter by Trader Joe's. It's starting to get pretty low, probably time for another Trader Joe's haul soon.
Thought about leaving my bun half open-faced...
But decided that a PB&J would be a great breakfast food :) Especially when it's toasted and warm and melty and served with a side of grapes!
(By the way, this was my first time with an Ezekiel bun and I thought it had a great chew!)


Vacation Mania

We are down to 50 days until Hawaii! Gah! I can't believe it! We are going to be spending one whole week on Oahu and the second week on Maui. When Zach and I went for our honeymoon (back in June, 2008) we were only there for a week and spent the whole time on Oahu. I am so excited for him to get to see Maui! (I have been to Maui, Oahu and the Big Island)

We just adore traveling, but my schedule is very inflexible with owning my own daycare. We often take weekend trips but you can only go so far away with just two and a half days! So every summer I close down for two whole weeks and we take a big vacation. We are trying to get to all 50 states, been to 21 since we got married!

June 2008: Oahu, Hawaii for our honeymoon
June 2009: Colorado
June 2010: St Maarten in the Caribbean for one week, Florida with friends for the second
St. Maarten
Florida (on our 2 year anniversary-we are almost always on vacation over our anniversary)

June 2011: Colorado, Utah, Las Vegas and then several states driving back cross-country to get to Wisconsin for a wedding!


Booty Call this morning was back to 30 minutes on the gazelle!
Friday's getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment