May 7, 2012

EARLY MOTHER'S DAY DATE

Monday Evening: 5/7/12


My momma is one of my very best friends.
(This is the two of us on my wedding day back in June of 2008, almost 4 years ago!!)

She's also one of my few blog readers (hi, Momma!) We have plans with our men-folk for Mother's Day festivities this up-coming Sunday, but we wanted to have our own girl time!

Tonight after the gym: where I did 30 min. on the arc trainer for 292 cal. burned

Weight: 119.2

We headed to the mall and did a bit of shopping where Mom picked out some shirts that I got her to add to her collection of sweaters :)

Next we headed back to my place and popped a bottle of champagne (champagne is not just for celebrating, it's also one of THE lowest cal drinks you can have. But go for a brut or something dry, the sweeter ones like a Prosecco or Asti are filled with sugar just like a glass of white.)
My glass is the one on the right and I had 2.5 of these tasty glasses
We also set up a lovely cheese platter:

The cheese:
Capriole Farms goat cheese
Whole Foods blue cheese
Chimay Belgium (from The Cheese Shop in Indy)

The crackers:
Trader Joe's corn tortilla flat bread crackers (my absolute favorite crackers!!)
Whole Foods vegetable crackers
Whole Foods golden round crackers
The fruit:
Pear
Kumquats (I need to do a post section on kumquats sometime soon!)

The nut butters:
Justin's Maple Almond Butter
Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter (I had a trial pack of this and it was my first time trying it! Verdict: really good, but probably not one of my top all-time favorites)
White Chocolate Wonderful (what else? :) )

I had probably half of the crackers you see, half of the nut butters, an ounce total of cheese, 2 kumquats and 2 pear slices. Not a conventional dinner, but delicious nonetheless!



We ended the night with a drive and a snack. Where else but IY? Peanut butter nut cup sundae
Oof. Too full now. Should've skipped the sundae. I swear sometimes eating is more for the festivities than actual hunger...

Had a lovely night and am SERIOUSLY looking forward to my half day of work + extended gym workout tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment