May 15, 2012

DR. PRAEGERS

Tuesday Afternoon


I really like veggie burgers. Like a lot. So I have tried many kinds, many brands made with different compositions. So far absolutely the BEST I have found is, hands down, Dr. Praeger's california veggie burgers. I buy mine from Trader Joe's and must have some in the freezer at all times.

On their website they say "We proudly present our ingredients" and no wonder! I would be proud to present them too!
Ingredients: Carrots, Onions, String Beans, Oat Bran, Soybeans, Zucchini, Peas, Broccoli, Corn, Soy Flakes, Spinach, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Red Peppers, Arrowroot, Corn Starch, Garlic, Corn Meal, Salt, Parsley, Black Pepper


I am sure proud to eat their ingredients ;) I actually used up my last patty on this lunch so I must re-stock asap!


I simply spray some foil with non-stick spray and the patty goes straight from the freezer to under the broiler. I wanted some more veggies to go with it today, so also under the broiler went mushrooms/red peppers/yellow peppers.
After a couple of minutes (just until the burger is warmed through) I took it out and dressed it to the nines! A drizzle of organic ketchup, a drizzle of mustard, a swipe of Nayonaise (talked about nayonaise in this post) and some pickles. 
On the side I mashed some avocado into salsa to serve as a dipping sauce for a half a serving of Xochitl corn chips.
Avocado mixed with salsa- why have I not done this before?!?!! SOOO GOOD! I wanted like 40 more chips just to keep dipping :)
Lunch was fun and scrumptious and healthful, doesn't get any better than that!


Afternoon Workout
I definitely was not doing anything to work out my legs today (tight hams!) so I decided to focus on abs and arms!


I did one run-through of the best abs circuit along with bikini abs and tone the inner thighs (okay so I got a bit of legs in after all...) Then I went through a series of arm tonight moves with my free weights. Whenever I do this if often looks something like 10 reps of the following:
-bicep curls 
-preacher curls
-wood choppers
-tricep extensions
-rear delts
-chest flys
-lateral raises
-back triceps extensions
-press ups
-push ups
-hammer curls
-arm extensions
and about four more moves that I don't know the names of, I just know they burn!


Just a little encouragement for today- learn to love the body you have RIGHT NOW. We have to love and appreciate where we are even if it is not quite where we want to be. When we learn to truly love our body we will want to do good things for it and put good things into it. Don't tear yourself down with negativity and think that only an ultimate goal will make you truly happy, when you think this way you will only find that you are never truly satisfied. Appreciate and celebrate each bit of progress you make and you will enjoy your whole journey, not just an end result! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! (or handsome if I happen to have any male readers out there... ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment