May 3, 2012

GYM SUCCESS!

Thursday Evening: 5/3/12


I will just continue to take this weather for the next oh, four months please. It's so fabulous!!

This evening's gym festivities were awesome!! I was so determined to do 2 miles in a good time and GUESS WHAT? I ran 2 miles in 17:40!! Sub-9 minute miles! It was tough for me but I pushed and did it and I am so proud :D I doubt I can keep that pace up for THREE miles on Saturday, but my goal is to run it in under 29 min. Fingers crossed! I did 30 minutes total on the treadmill for 337 calories burned.

Also GUESS WHAT?!
Weight: 118.5!!! Was NOT expecting that! So, so pleased with everything about the gym today :) So far since starting this blog I have lost a little over 4 lbs.

Got to Skype with one of my very oldest and best friends, Kori, while fixing dinner tonight :) She used to live 2 minutes away and then last November left me broken-hearted with a move to Georgia. We have been having Thursday Night Dates (TND's) for over two years now. This started back in February of 2010 and has been going strong ever since. When she lived here we made Thursday nights OUR night and would have all kinds of adventures. Now, sadly, we are relegated to skyping for our Thursday date. We still try to spice it up by having a glass of wine together or watching the same movie at the same time, but it's not quite the same...
ANYWAYS, on to dinner! One of the best things about having a home daycare is the kids nap-time. This gives me a two hour break every day to relax some, exercise some and when necessary...prep dinner! Today at nap-time I was busy chopping shallots and red potatoes and trimming green beans and green onion. That saves so much time for when I get home from the gym to fix dinner!

Tonight's feast: Oven-Roasted Green Beans and Potato Soup with Blue Cheese (couldn't find a link for the soup, sorry :/ It's from a cookbook called Quick Soups, Simple Salads)

The green beans just got sprinkled with oil, salt and pepper and tossed with lemon juice (out of lemons) and shallots and baked in the oven. Very simple!
The soup (wish I could give you the recipe!):
-potatoes
-water
-onion
-chicken bouillon granules
-pepper
-almond milk
-flour
-blue cheese
-parsley
-tomato
-green onion













Tonight we dined al fresco to soak it all in.

The green beans were A++!! Even Zach raved about them and he's not a huge green bean person. (Bet they would have been even better with real lemon slices like it called for instead of just lemon juice!)

Honestly the soup wasn't A+ though. Maybe a C? It was pretty good consistency and initial taste, but the blue cheese was just a bit too overpowering. Perhaps with a different cheese it would be a different story. No matter, it filled me up just the same and was at least a nice low-cal soup. Nice to have a potato soup without heavy cream!!

After dinner Zach and I took a walk around the neighborhood. We have a great neighborhood for walking, lots of sidewalks and pretty houses to look at :) It was a gooorgeous evening for a walk!

Once supper had digested we were totally in a "summer let's have frozen yogurt!" mood, so off to Incredible Yogurt we went! I took a TBS and a half of the amazing chickpea "Cookie Dough" Dip for a topping.
Unfortunately the section I always choose from (fat-free, sugar free only 9 cal. an ounce section) only had lemon tonight. Eh. Not my favorite flavor and probably not a great one to mix with the dip. So I went with a kid's cup (4 oz.) of cake batter fro yo. It's fat free but not sugar free and is 25 cal. an ounce. But it was GREAT mixed with the dip!
So Zach and I have this running joke about how many people are constantly in line at McDonald's no matter what time of day it is. We will always send random texts that say "3:22, 5 people at McDonald's." You know most places are not that busy in between the normal meal-times but McDonalds is ALWAYS packed.
Don't know if you can tell, but there were 6 people in the drive-thru and more out in the street waiting for room to turn in...at 9:10 PM!!! Haha Just WHAT is in their food that draws people to it like a moth to a flame?

Oh, what's that you say? Tomorrow's Friday? Why, I had no idea! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment