May 25, 2012

ONE DISH

Friday Afternoon


Since we are getting ready to be gone for three days I am trying to use up things that will otherwise go bad over the weekend- mainly veggies. So in light of this fact, a quinoa dish was born!!

I only had about a 1/4 cup of quinoa in the pantry, so I cooked that in a 1/2 a cup of water.
In another pan I sautéed garlic and onion in a teeny bit of EVOO then added red and green peppers to sauté. Dashed on pepper/thyme/cumin for flavor.
In yet another pan (my adorable one-egg-sized pan) I cooked up a beautiful runny egg :)
Mixed the quinoa with the veg. and topped it off with my over-easy egg with a few pieces of heirloom tomato on the side for a one dish wonder!
Runny egg + veg + a starch (or in this case a grain!!) is a combination that always wins over my heart stomach ;)
 Beauty

I was bit heavy handed on the cumin, but otherwise- YUM!!

Working out hard at home today!! Not sure what all workouts this afternoon will entail, but I will add them on as I do them:
-One circuit of the Best Abs Workout
-300 butt kicks
-200 jumping jacks
-Tone Up Your Thighs circuit
-ZWOW 12- WOW. Toughest ZWOW YET!!!
   -For ten minutes straight do:
   -10 pistols
   -20 low jacks
   -10 dynamite burpees
   -20 low jacks
    over and over and over until time is up. PISTOLS ARE THE HARDEST MOVE I HAVE EVER         DONE!! Don't know what one is? Click on the ZWOW link to see and try it for yourself!!!
-12 arm toning moves with dumbbells (10 reps each)

We are so pumped for this long weekend in Tennessee! We are headed to Knoxville to stay with my cousin Heather and her husband John. Heather is older than me by several years and she has always lived in TN while I have always lived in IN, but none of that has stopped us from being close! On a side of the family ripe with boy cousins, we were the lone girls. Girls gotta stick together! It has been fun to have the transitions from me as a little kid with her as the fun babysitter type, to me as the pre-teen looking up to her the cool highschooler, to being adults and friends who share a passion for exercise and health and natural food (along with many other things)!!

I think I ended up getting a pretty stellar at home workout in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment