May 18, 2012

ADULT OMELETTES

Friday Afternoon


My sweet and thoughtful mother-in-law got me a beautiful glass plate for the blog, hopefully I can keep this new piece IN one piece... She also brought me an awesome basket that you will be seeing tomorrow ;)


I wanted one thing and one thing only, eggs. I also (as I always do) have veggies that need using up and next thing I knew an omelette was born!

In one pan the egg whites were cooking, in the other the green pepper, mushrooms and asparagus were sautéing. After the whites were flipped the veggies went in along with spinach leaves and a bit of FF mozz. cheese. Black pepper, thyme and rosemary with a dash of sea salt for seasoning.

I mashed up some of the last of my now overly ripe avocado to smear on the top of omelette. Smear doesn't sound that appealing does it? Let's try this again- to adorn the top of my delectable creation (better?).


I really like omelettes. In fact I used to make just a plain cheese one about three times a week or more when I here with two friends (the year before Zach and I were married I lived in our house with two girlfriends). Only difference was back then I used three whole eggs whisked with 2 percent milk and filled it with American cheese (aka fake cheese) and a healthy (read: unhealthy) dose of salt!!

Workout

Still working on burning off that darn (wonderful, lovely, scrumptious, gooey, sweet) chocolate chip bread pudding so for the afternoon workout I did two circuits of the She sells sea shells down by the seashore total body workout by Tone It Up. Also did another 30 minutes on the gazelle for good measure!

So I've Got These Pants...

That used to fit quite snug when I started my blog actually.
But not anymore!!

Laid back night ahead since Zach will be away. Looking forward to my turbo kick class this evening, first one in quite awhile since I had been skipping it with Saturday morning races the last two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment