May 9, 2012

FEEL THE BURN

Wednesday Morning: 5/9/12


Another morning, another booty call! 30 minutes on the gazelle. It's great to start the day with exercise :)

This morning's breakfast was....an adventure of sorts. I had decided on making a Tone It Up PB & J protein pancake. Unfortunately I can't provide the recipe because it is from their exclusive meal plan that has to be purchased to receive the recipes. I can assure you it's good though!

So I mixed up all my ingredients and poured it in the pan.
Pop Quiz. What happens when you have a pretty high heat combined with an older skillet filled with pancake batter and you get a bit side-tracked and time seems to slip by faster than it's supposed to?

If you answered this:
Congratulations, you passed.

So I weighed my options-
a) Throw this monstrosity out and start over
b) Fall dramatically to the floor and have a temper tantrum
c) Try to salvage what I could

I went with C and scraped away.
This pancake had peanut butter in it and needs to be topped with jam to make it a PB & J pancake. I reallllly wanted to use my Crofters raspberry but considering I had that TWICE yesterday I chose a different jam. Whole Foods Brand blueberry.
The blueberry jam was okay, but it was no Crofters! As for the pancake it was still pretty good, just a little less...fluffy? Oops.

I hope you are all taking on the day with the passion and desire to be the best YOU that you can be today! I know I am!! After eating a little more lax the past couple of days the next few days will need to be more rigid to balance it out and I am ready to take on the challenge!

1 comment: