May 30, 2012

8:19

Wednesday Evening


Workout: Got the urge to try for a new PR on my mile tonight, so with a little trepidation I sucked it up and did it! Started at a 6.9 and ended up at a 7.7 and ran my mile in 8:19 (136 cal burned), my new best!! :) Then did 20 minutes on the arc trainer (226 cal. burned)

Weight: 118.3 Also sucked it up and weighed myself. Honestly, I'm pleased! After last weeks "sundae and pizza dinner" combined with a three day vacation FULL of rich foods and desserts it could have been much worse! I think maybe all that sweating we did in Tennessee has something to do with it... :) Seriously though, you can enjoy yourself fully on a vacation, just don't skimp on the workouts!

Dinner Time

Tonight tasted like summer :) Got my recipe out of one of my trusty "Taste of Home: Healthy Cooking" magazines:
Pre-chopped the broccoli at nap-time. 
Followed the recipe to a T except found out at the last second I was out of dried basil, so subbed in parsley instead.

This was all of my favorite things- simple, quick and healthy!!
Our accompaniment? Grilled peaches :D These were so good the other night at the cookout and since I was sent home with a surplus this made a great addition!
Grilled peaches are just sooo incredible! It makes them juicy and even sweeter and all caramelized and wonderful :)
This was a fantastic, light meal!
You all know that I am always drinking water constantly and I just drink it out of the same reusable bottles day in and day out which aren't really photogenic, so they never make it onto the blog. Well since I had a lemon lying around (from grating the lemon peel) I decided to put it to good use flavoring my water.
Pictured in a lovely glass I won as a door-prize in my last 5K :)

Bit more for seconds
Our kitties are friends :)
 Yea, I know. We are crazy cat people. Sigh.

Watching "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" now with Zach. I really enjoyed the book, hoping the movie does it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment