May 31, 2012

A TAKE ON A TACO SALAD

Thursday Afternoon


Mmmm...taco salad. My mom always made great taco salads and it is what I was thinking about for lunch today. Just a bit...revised!

Instead of ground beef cooked in a taco seasoning I cooked up some seitan! Seitan is a completely vegetarian/vegan meat substitute. It only has a handful of ingredients and with only 2% fat is way, WAY better for you than red meat!! It's hard to describe seitan other than, it tastes like meat! The last time I cooked with it Zach asked what kind of meat it was! Seriously, you don't miss a thing.

Today's seitan was a new flavor I had not yet tried: Upton Naturals Italian. I cooked it up in a pan with some red and green peppers just until heated and the peppers were soft.
It didn't even need seasoning since it was the Italian kind! Threw them on a bed of romaine and I added cherry tomatoes, salsa, a few Xochitl chips and topped it all with a dollop of FAGE. FAGE is the best sour cream substitute there is, I even prefer it!
Bowl before toppings. Wish I would have had onion and/or avocado on hand!!
Had a tiny little baby of a peach on the side. Would have grilled it if I weren't so hungry and just wanted to eat!
I love a good lunch, don't you?


So I was reallllly wanting to do a ZWOW for my afternoon workout but my triceps + shoulders are pretty sore from yesterday and I couldn't find a ZWOW without some type of push-up/arm move. So I am holding a ZWOW off for tomorrow and today did 3 circuits of Tone It Up's Thigh and Leg Workout.

Got some plans for this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment