May 3, 2012

A LITTLE SWEET, A LITTLE SALTY, ALL AROUND GOOD!

Thursday Afternoon: 5/3/12


Luuuuunch time! My favorite time! (Along with breakfast time and supper time and snack time... ;) )

I got right to work on a veggie-rific lunch today of an egg white scramble with onions, mushrooms and tomatoes

As well as sautéed kale with a smidge (computer wanted to change it to smudge haha) of that fabulous local goat cheese.
I put a couple TBS of chicken broth in the sauté pan and threw the kale in. Covered the pan, cooked until wilted then added just a 1/5 of an ounce of goat cheese. Drizzled the kale with a small tsp. of REAL maple syrup and a sprinkle of sea salt and it created this great dish!!
*Note: When we want a condiment, such as syrup, we use the real version of it. The trouble with all the lite and fat-free versions are that while they may have less calories they are filled with dangerous chemicals and additives that your body was never meant to consume or break down. Just use sparingly and not often and the true product with all real ingredients is the way to go! Remember, it is not just about calorie quantity but also about calorie QUALITY. Put real food in your body!

I dashed the egg mix with red pepper flakes and black pepper and it was an all-around fun to eat meal.
Especially that kale! I had never put syrup on kale before but had read about others doing it and thought I ought to give it a go. Such a good idea. Combined with the sea salt and the occasional creamy bite of cheese I was completely falling for this creation :)
This was great. Though rarely do I say a meal is not great... So maybe I am not the best one to ask if they liked something because the answer is almost always yes.. But really, this was great!

Afternoon workout was a bit of a dilemma. I had the energy and desire to do a seriously taxing workout (like another ZWOW!) but there was one thing stopping me. Our race is less than two days away now. I didn't want to do anything that was going to leave me too sore for Saturday morning (I am STILL feeling Monday's ZWOW...) so I decided to keep it fairly light.

Did one circuit of Tone It Up's Best Ab Circuit and did various arm strength training moves with free weights.

Going to run 2 miles at the gym tonight as a light preparation for Saturday! Getting nervous...

No comments:

Post a Comment