May 17, 2012

TWO NEW THINGS

Thursday Morning


When one of your favorite nut butter jars gets to the bottom of the barrel with nothing but a 1/2 tbsp. left coating the edges do you throw it away?
NO! You eat oats out of it!!! That's the first new thing- Oatmeal out of a Jar :)
 Second new thing, Overnight Oats!!
The two pictures above were taken last night after I put
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup of greek yogurt
all into the peanut butter container. Screwed on the cap and left in the fridge overnight!

Bounded out of bed this morning with excitement to dress up my oats! I stuck this in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften the PB and take the chill off my oats. Plastic jar- bad idea. Duh Jordan.

Then I stirred in cinnamon, vanilla, raisins, 1/2 a banana and added a tiny spoon of white chocolate wonderful.
Here is my tiny spoon in comparison to a regular small spoon. (I should have added a large spoon too for perspective)
I am prejudiced against large utensils. They make me eat too fast and we all know that eating slowly is a key to determine fullness!! I need more little spoons like this one because it's my only one so it's constantly dirty.
 I kept the peanut butter on the spoon this time instead of stirring it in to get a bit with each bite!

Overnight oats in there!
 It only filled up the jar about half way, but it filled me up ALL the way!

 This was a delicious fun way to eat oats! For my first time trying overnight oats I liked them pretty well. I really liked not having to cook them this morning and just being able to assemble it quickly. The yogurt flavor in it was a little different but I got used to it and ate the whole thing!!
Taken out in my classroom :)

Morning booty call- 30 minutes of gazelle time (and some stretching out those still sore legs!)

I have a half day of work today with a fun, exciting afternoon and evening ahead!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment