May 10, 2012

NOT MY NAP-TIME

Thursday Afternoon: 5/10/12


The daycare children have been manic today. I am so thankful for a break (though it would be awfully great to get to take a nap like they are)! It is so nice to run a business from home. Zach and I stripped the garage and basically rebuilt it almost four years ago into a classroom. You would never believe it used to be a garage!! It was so important to me that in running a home daycare I had a specific classroom for the kids so that they wouldn't be all over the house. I always stress that I am a TEACHER not a BABYSITTER!

So their nap-time when I get to go in the house is always a much needed respite. And there is no better way to kick off nap-time than with lunch! I heated up the rest of the Blue-cheese potato soup from last week and tried to modify it slightly to take the edge off that sharp bleu cheese taste. Added a bit of feta, red pepper flakes, pepper, green onions and salt.
Before heating and adding spices
On the side for green and for nutrients I made a small salad. Just romaine with cherry tomatoes, carrots, red and yellow peppers, and cucumber. Small drizzle of Lite Italian (yesterday's dressing was better!!) and that's lunch!



My favorite spoon :) Zach and I got two of them on our honeymoon in Hawaii and we ALWAYS use them for soup. I think I like them so much because it's one fluid piece of metal with no breaks.

Salad was a bit...boring, but overall lunch was tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment