May 19, 2012

MAXI-MUM FLAVOR

Saturday Evening


Sorry for the late post! It's been one busy Saturday!!

Tonight I had a dinner date with some lovely ladies!
Check out the only way my 4' 11" self is able to pull off a maxi dress...

 We all went to dinner at Petite Chou (where only I had been before) and it was a hit!! We got a pitcher of the hibiscus champagne (my favorite from the last time) that three of the four of us split.
 I had two of this sized glasses
 A cheers to a girl's evening!
 In the spirit of keeping my food light today (and knowing I wanted dessert!) I ordered the Nicoise Salad.
Seared tuna steak, nicoise olives, baby potatoes, red onion and a hard boiled egg on lightly dressed field greens.
 Tuna that cut like butter, perfection.
 My salad was incredible and I had 3/4 of it and boxed up the rest for later.

Ate my hibiscus flower this time- WOW! It was like...candy?! SO. TASTY.
 Dessert Crepes = reason enough to visit Petite Chou. Tonight I had a Harrison's Crepe- fresh berries with warmed chocolate ganache and a touch of creme anglaise.

 Peek-a-boo!
This crepe was super delicious, don't get me wrong, but I still preferred the caramel apple crepe from last time!
 See Leah's sundae? I consumed a good portion of that when she was finished :) mmmm gelato

Audra (in the above picture with Leah) and I traded a little. A bit of my crepe for half of one of her flaky profiteroles!
 All in all it was a great tasting meal that totally satisfied my dessert palate :)

Did a Whole Foods haul after dinner (it was practically next door, how could I not!?). You'll see plenty of my groceries appearing this week- got some new exciting stuff!

When we got back to Muncie we checked out a new place called D*Luxe Ultra Lounge that was eh, all right. I had a Bahama Mama that was better than all right though, tasted like vacation!! :)
 Momma came too!
 Zach is back safe and sound from his caving adventure (thank goodness) and it's time for me to go spend some time with the love of my life!

See you all too soon in the morning!


2 comments:

  1. I just love your blog. I check it WAYYY too often during the day haha :) keep it up, missy. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel I love you, you are too sweet! Thanks for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete