May 8, 2012

SQUEALS OF SURPRISE

Tuesday Afternoon: 5/8/12


I opened up my cabinet to pull out my dishes for the first part of lunch and saw an unfamiliar sight. That orange bowl does not belong...
Pulled out this gorgeous "hand-crafted so every piece is unique" bowl and found a note inside presenting this work of art to me to use on the blog from my wonderful husband!! Such a thoughtful man :) The daycare children wanted to know why I was squealing...

As always with a half day (when my substitute comes to teach the daycare for me) I head to the gym in the middle of the afternoon instead of evening. Today's food for fuel but not a heavy lunch was an assortment of veggies. For the most part I ate these raw, but seeing as raw broccoli and cauliflower just doesn't quite cut it for me I heated up 2 TBS of Salpica organic queso (15 cal for 2 TBS!!!) for dipping.
My veg bowl consisted of cauliflower, broccoli, carrot sticks, red peppers, yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers.
Then I trekked off to the gym to put in some serious time! Sometimes I challenge myself with time, such as "I am going to stay for THIS long." or "I am going to run for THIS amount of time." But today I challenged myself on speed. I told myself I had to burn 150 cal. on the treadmill, 150 on the elliptical, and 150 on the arc trainer. Knowing I had a lot I wanted to accomplish today helped me plow through each of these machines with 12:30min. on the treadmill, 17min. on the elliptical and 11min. on the arc trainer.

Weight: I didn't weigh myself. I normally don't like to weigh in when I go in the middle of the day because it isn't consistent with my normal routine (one of the reasons I don't weigh in on the weekend as well.)

I had to go get a shot after the Y :( Since I am a daycare teacher I have to renew my TB test every year. So I went, they shot me up with some TB and I go back in a couple of days for them to observe my arm and make sure it hasn't fallen off yet.

After this traumatic ordeal (well, actually I am pretty brave when it comes to needles but it was traumatic for my wallet because I have to PAY for them to inject me with a disease...) I was definitely ready for the second installment of my split lunch.
Fage with strawberries, Crofters (take two today) raspberry fruit spread (have GOT to pick up more Crofters flavors!!!) and some Whole Foods brand granola-like cereal.
Spooky enjoyed it too...
Also, how cute is this? Spooky loves Daddy :)

We are down to 45 days until Hawaii!! AHHHHH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment