May 5, 2012

30:19

Saturday Afternoon: 5/5/12


Pre-race jitters...
WE ARE DONE!! I didn't quite hit my goal of under 29... We started off pretty well but it was SO humid and the last mile was really tough. My half a banana was not sitting well with me either. But I picked it up at the end and sprinted out the finish and will proudly claim my time and hope for better at the next race! :)

After the race we collected samples from food stations (most of which I passed on) but there was one thing I picked up that was amazing! I have been wanting to try a Funky Monkey product for a long time. The one that we got was Banana-Acai berry and it is only 50 calories with just freeze-dried organic bananas and acai berries as the only ingredients.
Leah's husband Grant was there at the end to photograph us and we all got an extended workout walking all over downtown Indy :) It was such a beautiful morning (though a little hot for running...I really felt bad for the people running the 13.1 in this heat!) and we had a lot of fun taking pictures and enjoying our accomplishments.
Found this sign :) I am Jordan and I go to the Y and I am working at being multi-fit!!
We eventually wandered into Au Bon Pain to get some breakfast. I had never been to one, but was pleased to see they had fresh food with nutritional facts listed!

I picked up a container of some super-sweet strawberries and these little turkey roll-ups that was turkey wrapped around cranberry relish, asparagus and gorgonzola.


We took our food to the steps of Monument Circle and it was a great way to enjoy breakfast! (Made me feel like I was having breakfast on the Met Steps with Serena and Blair for all you Gossip Girl fans ;) )

So far it has been a wonderful and productive day!! This is basically my lunch post because we are having a very early dinner at 3:45. My best friend Christine graduated from college this morning and we are meeting up with her family to have dinner at a cool place here in Indy :)

See you with some more great food tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment